Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Deeper dive - Malware analysis :)

I've not been blogging for a while..sadly, but I've been learning quite a few things over the last few months and in general continue to keep getting better slowly at reversing and malware analysis - something I always enjoy doing :)

So now, I've decided that now that I know much more about reversing things - than I did a few years ago, I'm going to get deeper into malware analysis and debug all the different types of malware that are found over a period of time and learn ways of anlayzing all of them.

So I  made a list of topics that I'd like to learn over the next few months. I'm familiar with quite a few of them - but not all of them. It probably isn't comprehensive nor do I claim it is - but it's a nice starting point for me. Also, as I learn new things - small or big - I am going to be posting all of that regularly.

So, here's my list :) - do suggest other stuff that you feel could potentially be important and is different from the rest.
  • Disk monitoring
  • Network monitoring
  • Docx
  • VBA
  • Powershell
  • AutoIT
  • PDF
  • DLL
  • JS
  • PHP
  • ELF
  • Flash
  • Packed executables
  • Routers
  • POS
  • Memory analysis (Volatility)
  • Credit card extractors
  • ATM
  • Virtual Machine detection
  • Bootkits
  • Exploit Kits
  • Steganography
  • Learn to write better signatures (Clamav, Yara, Snort, Suricata)

No comments: